Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Chirality Bloodshot

I ended my last Chirality post by declaring my intent to acquire additional polishes from this wonderful indie polish maker and guess what? Mission accomplished! For my January polish buying spree, I permitted myself the purchase of Chirality Bloodshot, CU2+ and The Symbiote. And I'm going to swatch all three for you starting right now with Bloodshot.

Bloodshot is a medium-dark rich reddish plum scattered holographic polish. It doesn't show quite as substantial prismatic inclinations as the other Chirality scattered holos I've experienced, but it is beautifully formulated nonetheless. In direct sun, Bloodshot delivers a gentle prismatic glow on each nail while in the shade the deep plummy red color is speckled deliciously with small silvery flecks of holo pigment. Indoors, Bloodshot seems to make the most of any available light with a subtle glow in the center of the nail, giving it that gorgeous lit from within look.

Application was fantastic. Amanda makes some of the smoothest, best-applying polishes I've come across and Bloodshot is no exception. The consistency was fluid, dense, easily-controlled and self-levelling. Pigmentation is also fantastic. Bloodshot is essentially a one coater, period. I did two just because I could. This polish dries naturally in very good time to a smooth shiny finish.

Photos show two coats of Bloodshot over treatment and basecoat with a topcoat of Glisten & Glow HK Girl, a new-to-me topcoat that I just cracked open today.

Chirality Bloodshot

Chirality Bloodshot

Chirality Bloodshot

Chirality Bloodshot



Chirality Bloodshot

Chirality Bloodshot

Chirality Bloodshot

Chirality Bloodshot

Chirality Bloodshot

Chirality Bloodshot

Chirality Bloodshot

Chirality Bloodshot

Chirality Bloodshot

Chirality Bloodshot

I didn't take any inside photos of Bloodshot but here's a shot in deep shade so you can see what it looks like sans holographic activity.

Chirality Bloodshot, deep shade

Indoors, without its holo bloom, this polish takes on a brickier hue that does kinda have a dried blood thing going on but no more than any deep oxblood red would. Think of it as an oxblood with deep reddish purple undertones rather than the brown ones that usually accompany that color family. 

Cool color, great polish!

love,
Liz

2 comments:

  1. Oxblood scattered holo=Love at first sight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one had to grow on me but it really did! I missed it after I took it off and it ended up being my favorite amongst the three new Chirality polishes I bought on my spree.

      Delete