Monday, July 6, 2015

Grace-full Nail Polish Liz

Grace-full Nail Polish is an Australian indie brand that's been on my radar quite a bit lately. It is made by Theresa in Port Sorell, Tasmania, and named for her infant daughter Grace, who passed away only a few short days after her birth. Grace-full's logo features delicate angel wings and a halo in loving tribute. Theresa is a dedicated polish and nail art enthusiast who has been blogging about nail polish since 2012. You can find her blog, It's All About the Polish, here

When I found out that Grace-full would be distributed here in the US by Ella Ann Cosmetics, I lost no time in visiting that stockist's big cartel shop and examining the inventory. To my delight, there were Grace-full polishes bearing not only my name, but my mother's and sister's names as well. That was all the portent I needed to make a purchase. What can I say? I'm a ridiculously easy sell. Especially when it comes to nail polish!

Today's feature is my namesake, Liz. Liz was released as part of the Dreamy Beach Pastel collection from the Girls Just Wanna Have Fun series in February this year. This is a pale peachy pink creme, sort of a pastel melon shade that varies in brightness depending upon the circumstances under which its viewed. It can go from a bleached near-neon salmon to pale cantaloupe just by changing rooms! Right now under the incandescent lighting in my office it's offering up a vibrant neon-esque look, but earlier when I was photographing it outdoors in the last light of the day it presented a paler, silkier, slightly antique tone. My complexion typically has a muddying effect on shades of peach, causing it to generate a tired, slightly grimy aspect that is unflattering both to it and to me. In the bottle, Liz is sweetly luminous, but against my skin it morphs to  chalky pancake. *sigh* In spite of this, I can appreciate Liz for its tender, dewy quality, it's bleached beachiness and as a particularly nicely-balanced variation of this color family.

Application was lovely. Liz has an outstanding formula. The consistency is fluid, light and creamy with an silky flow over the nail and excellent self-leveling properties. It applies quite evenly for a pastel, and goes on in thin coats with minimal streakiness. Pigmentation is very good. I used three coats on my nails but I'm sure that many folks would be quite happy with the opacity and coverage at two. Cleanup is easy and straightforward. Liz dries naturally in good time to a shade that is slightly more vibrant than bottle color and a beautiful glossy finish.

Photos show three coats of Liz over treatment and basecoat with a topcoat of Seche Vite. Please forgive the acetone-washed nail environs!


Grace-full Nail Polish Liz


Grace-full Nail Polish Liz


Grace-full Nail Polish Liz


Grace-full Nail Polish Liz


Grace-full Nail Polish Liz


Grace-full Nail Polish Liz


Grace-full Nail Polish Liz


Grace-full Nail Polish Liz


Grace-full Nail Polish Liz


Grace-full Nail Polish Liz

I hope that you can tell how sweet and feminine this would be on the right skin tone. It's a bit sunnier and more lively in person. A nice peach with a great formula for the right person! 

love,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment