Wednesday, December 20, 2017

KBShimmer Deck The Claws

Like You're Brew-tiful, Deck The Claws was released at the beginning of the month by Indiana-based indie polish maker KBShimmer as part of the Holo-day collection. It is a red filled with holographic microglitter, part of KBShimmer's Mega Flame line of polishes. The color is a saturated medium-dark crimson of perfect depth and brilliance to make for a resonant, joyful holiday red. Superabundant silver holographic microglitters offer up a colorful "Christmas tree lights" kind of sparkle, predominated by bright red in ambient light and joined by all of the rainbow colors in force in the sun.

Application was awesome! The consistency of Deck The Claws is fluid and dense with microglitters, with a medium-to-slightly-thicker viscosity and a surprisingly fluent, even, self-leveling spread over the nails. I had no problems with it and you know how paranoid I am about thicker polishes. Pigmentation is excellent, almost a one-coater for me but you'll definitely want a second to ensure most uniform color in direct light and for the extra sparkles it brings. I did my cleanup as I went along in a not entirely successful attempt to avoid sticky microglitters. Watch out for pigment travel also, which can leave a skosh of trace staining. Deck The Claws dries naturally in good time to a flat, sandy-textured finish that wants a good, thick topcoat to look its best. A double layer of regular quick-dry topcoat or a single layer of gel-effect or glitter-smoothing topcoat will do the job admirably.

Photos show two coats of Deck The Claws over treatment and basecoat with a layer of Girly Bits Glitter Glaze and a final layer of Seche Vite for extra gloss.


KBShimmer Deck The Claws


KBShimmer Deck The Claws


KBShimmer Deck The Claws


KBShimmer Deck The Claws


KBShimmer Deck The Claws


KBShimmer Deck The Claws


KBShimmer Deck The Claws


KBShimmer Deck The Claws

Love, love, love the bold, exuberant red color and the twinkly, colorful sparkle! Great name too. I am totally torn now between this polish and Grace-full's Midnight Clear to wear for my trip up to Charlottesville on Christmas Eve and to my dad's Christmas party the next day. Do you have a special polish in mind for the 25th?

xo,
Liz

4 comments:

  1. Perfection. Not much else to add!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is so flippin' fun to wear! Did not want to remove it and will probably put it right back on in the next day or so for my trip.

      Delete
  2. Yes, this one definitely for your trip! (Hope all had a good time.)
    My favorite polish has always been China Glaze Ruby Pumps. Love the red and the flashing glitter in it. This polish reminds me of it. It is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lara! How excellent to come home and see a comment from you! Yes, this sparkly red would have been perfect for Christmas and I took it with me but ended up with burgundy nails for the day, changing to a brown holo later in the week.

      I will always love Ruby Pumps as my introduction to sparkly reds.

      Sending you best wishes for the new year!

      Delete