Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Glisten & Glow Kiss My Tulips

Kiss My Tulips was created by Jill of Connecticut-based indie polish maker Glisten & Glow for the April 2018 "Tulips" edition of The Holo Hookup. Described as "an eggplant linear holo with pink shimmers," the base color is a rich, medium-dark, slightly grape-leaning variation of purple along the lines of LSU purple. Abundant metallic pink microflake shimmers brighten and warm the look to more of an eminence purple appearance on the nail and give it a dimensionalizing pink glow along the axis of light with a prominent semi-metallic pink flash. Hints of a linear holographic display can be seen in ambient light, with a full prismatic linear flare in the sun.

Application was a messy affair through no fault of the polish (it was just one of those days), which has a fluid, full-bodied consistency with a medium viscosity and a smooth, even, self-leveling glide over the nail. Pigmentation is very good, delivering evenly opaque coverage and full bottle color in two medium coats. Luckily for me, clean up is relatively easy with a tiny bit of sticking on the part of the shimmers. Kiss My Tulips dries naturally in very good time to a smooth, shiny finish. Topcoat enhances the glowy effect of the shimmers.

Photos show two coats of Kiss My Tulips over treatment and basecoat with a topcoat of Seche Vite.


Glisten & Glow Kiss My Tulips


Glisten & Glow Kiss My Tulips


Glisten & Glow Kiss My Tulips


Glisten & Glow Kiss My Tulips


Glisten & Glow Kiss My Tulips


Glisten & Glow Kiss My Tulips


Glisten & Glow Kiss My Tulips


Glisten & Glow Kiss My Tulips


Glisten & Glow Kiss My Tulips


Glisten & Glow Kiss My Tulips


Glisten & Glow Kiss My Tulips

This is quite vibrant for a darker shade, and very clean. Sleek and flashy on the nail. Nice!

love,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment