Friday, August 8, 2014

KBShimmer A Touch of Glass

A Touch of Glass was released by indie polish maker KBShimmer as part of the large Spring 2014 collection in March. Described on KBShimmer's website as a "pastel green with blue undertones and hidden shimmer," this is a pale minty cyan creme with a gentle milkness and a soft refreshing smooth look that is quite flattering on the nail.

Application was a baby bear, but I think it's a case of self-doubt working it's way from my head to my hands and causing problems. The consistency is fluid and creamy, with excellent slip over the nail. Pigmentation is good with initial sheerness on the first coat building fairly easily with additional coats. Those with an even steady hand may possibly attain even coverage with two coats. Of course I do not have an even steady hand so I ended up doing three, and even then had leveling issues. Topcoat helped, and any noticeable unevenness gradually dissipates as the polish continues to set and dry. Cleanup is a snap. A Touch of Glass dries naturally in average time to a glossy finish.

Photos show three coats of A Touch of Glass over treatment and ridge-filling basecoat with a topcoat of Seche Vite (complete with a few bubbles, of course).


KBShimmer A Touch of Glass


KBShimmer A Touch of Glass


KBShimmer A Touch of Glass


KBShimmer A Touch of Glass


KBShimmer A Touch of Glass


KBShimmer A Touch of Glass


KBShimmer A Touch of Glass


KBShimmer A Touch of Glass


KBShimmer A Touch of Glass

This is just a perfect creamy desaturated cyan blue on me. Despite the leveling issue, I can see myself wearing this again. I think next time I'll count on doing three coats and keep the first two as thin as I can. I definitely need more practice applying pale cremes like this. 

love,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment