Saturday, July 20, 2013

Zoya Solange

More texture, Eleanor! In this post you'll see Solange from Zoya. This is a bright sparkling yellow gold textured metallic pixie dust polish and it is crazy gorgeous.

Zoya describes Solange as "gold metal foil sparkle featuring a Zoya EXCLUSIVE GOLD PIGMENT in the best-selling Zoya PixieDust Textured, Matte, Foil Twinkle formula." Effusive! But if ever a polish deserved effusion, Solange is it. The incredible sparkle, the bright almost lemony yellow gold color, the foil-like glimmer, the sandy textured finish, even the name, Solange, so sexy! I'm afraid all I can do is gush. You'll just have to put up with it.

The consistency of Solange is liquid, light and easily manipulated. It's full of twinkly bits of grit and you can feel them in the brushstroke. Kinda cool. Dry time is deceptive. This polish film forms quickly but underneath the surface it takes longer than average to set and it is easily dislodged from the nail during that time.

A word or two (or three or four) about the photos. I can't think of any photos I've seen anywhere that really do justice to Solange. Mostly this is because of the sparkle, which is all but impossible to capture in a still photo. I look at still photos of Solange, including my own, and see a lumpy gnarly looking surface. In person, this is not how Solange reads. First you see the brilliant color and the next thing you see is sparkly madness and that's pretty much where you stay. I do have in my photos an intentionally blurred pic that shows the sparkle, so if you want to know what it's like to wear Solange take the sparkle from that photo and in your mind overlay it on all the rest.

This manicure is two coats of Solange over basecoat duo. No topcoat. Personally, I rather like the sandy textured surface of Zoya's pixie dusts. All the more when they sparkle like all get out the way Solange does. I've used topcoat with other pixie dust polishes to get a "sparkle under glass" look and imagine it would certainly work with Solange. I just didn't do it this time, my bad!

You will notice that I have bits of bright gold all over my fingers. In my excitement over this polish, I slapdashed it on and paid for it later when I attempted to clean up the mess I'd made. Well that'll teach me. You think? *lol* Anyway, my apologies for the messy mani.


Zoya Solange on the nail and in the bottle -- you can't see it but the bottle caps for pixie dusts have a rubberized texture rather than the shiny hard plastic that is used for Zoya's regular polish line


Zoya Solange


Zoya Solange


Zoya Solange


at the window...


Zoya Solange


Zoya Solange


Zoya Solange


Zoya Solange


Zoya Solange


Zoya Solange


Zoya Solange


Zoya Solange


Zoya Solange


Zoya Solange


Zoya Solange


Zoya Solange


Zoya Solange, attempt at a macro shot on the nail


ok here's the non-blurry shot...


...and here's the intentionally blurred one -- see all that sparkle? that's what Solange is like in person 24/7!


Zoya Solange


Zoya Solange, with orange glitters still under my cuticles from removing Lucky Goldfish *lol*


Zoya Solange

Solange is a polish to wear for a night out on the town. It's a polish to wear when you want to get noticed. Half of the people who see it will be shocked and slightly horrified. The other half will be shocked and extremely curious. Those folks will want to ask you about it and they'll want to touch it. And you will let them. Because for people who live for the visual joys in life, Solange is one of them. That it feels so cool in the bargain is rich sparkly icing on the cake.

I got Solange on ebay and was lucky enough to score two of her sisters, Beatrix (fire bright orange) and Destiny (burning red orange), there as well. Look for them, my dear, because they are in the works.

love,
Aunt Liz

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I know! Not a great color for my pastey paleness but it is so sparkly and fabulous I just can't help but love it.

      Delete