Friday, July 5, 2013

Zoya Wednesday

In this post I have another blue green creme along the lines of Misa's Dirty Sexy Money to show you. It's called Wednesday and it's by Zoya.

Did you ever wonder why the day of week Wednesday is called Wednesday? Well I have. What's up the the spelling anyway? I looked it up on Wikipedia. Wednesday is from the Old English Wōdnesdæg, which is ultimately a translation of the Latin Mercurii dies, meaning day of Mercury. You can see this translation more easily in romance languages, like FRENCH for example, where Wednesday is mercredi. Also Spanish, where Wednesday is miércoles

Mercury is as you know the closest planet to the sun in our solar system. In astrology, Mercury is the ruling planet of Gemini, which is your astrological sign and mine too. So Wednesday is OUR day, baby!

Ahem, back to nail polish. Zoya describes Wednesday as a "faded dirty medium turquoise with green undertones and an opaque cream finish." I'm not sure how I feel about that description. For me, Wednesday is a perfect match to the color of my favorite kind of turquoise stone, Kingman turquoise from the Kingman mine in Arizona. It's a creamy medium blue green with a certain duskiness to it that darkens the color slightly while at the same time enhancing it and making it seem more luminous. I love and adore this beautiful rich and becoming color!

Wednesday has a very liquid consistency that is fairly easily controlled in application unless you happen to swipe the cuticle or skin on the sides of the nail. You're going to get pooling and flooding if you do that, ask me how I know. In terms of self-leveling I found Wednesday to be excellent. Two coats is sufficient for opacity but I applied three over my basecoat, just because I could. I topped this mani with Seche Vite, but I can tell you that Wednesday by itself dries naturally to a glossy finish.

The photos for Wednesday were taken both indoors and out, in indirect natural light on a cloudy day. It's appearance in the outdoor shots has a bit more of a bright blue look to it than it does in the indoor shots.


Zoya Wednesday, bottle shot


Zoya Wednesday


at the window...


ditto


Zoya Wednesday


Zoya Wednesday


Zoya Wednesday


Zoya Wednesday


Zoya Wednesday


Zoya Wednesday

With this color on my nails I couldn't help but wonder how it compared to Misa Dirty Sexy Money. So I went and grabbed my bottle and took some comparison shots.


on the left is Zoya Wednesday, Misa Dirty Sexy Money is on the right


Zoya Wednesday on index and middle finger nails, Misa Dirty Sexy Money on ring and pinky finger nails


Misa Dirty Sexy Money on pink and ring finger nails, Zoya Wednesday on middle and index finger nails

They're definitely related, no? Dirty Sexy Money is darker and the blue in it is more of a navy blue. It has a more condensed look to it. Wednesday is brighter, slightly less saturated and has a creamier look. They are both just delicious, don't you think? LOVE!

lovelove,
Aunt Liz ;->







No comments:

Post a Comment