Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Zoya Nyx

Nyx was released by Zoya as part of its premier PixieDust collection early last year. Zoya describes it as "a perfect periwinkle with a sugared sparkle, in the exclusive Zoya PixieDust Matte Sparkle formula." In person, I'd say it's more of a pale grey blue, and it tends to pull very grey on me unless I'm wearing something blue. It definitely does have a sugared sparkle thanks to the texture particles and a superabundance of silver microglitters. This is one of my favorite PixieDusts for its cool, subtle color and beautiful twinkling finish.

Application was great but long. The PixieDusts in general take a longer time to dry completely than regular polish and Nyx is no exception. The consistency is fluid and sheer but applies easily and evenly over the nail. Because this is a somewhat sheer polish, it takes several coats to build up to opacity. I used three and even then in the sun I could see it wasn't quite as opaque as I thought it was.

Photos show three coats of Nyx over treatment and basecoat with no topcoat.


Zoya Nyx


Zoya Nyx


Zoya Nyx


Zoya Nyx


Zoya Nyx


Zoya Nyx


Zoya Nyx


Zoya Nyx


Zoya Nyx


Zoya Nyx


Zoya Nyx


Zoya Nyx


Zoya Nyx

Like other PixieDust polishes from Zoya, Nyx is at its best in motion with the light catching it's tiny glitters, producing a wave of soft sparkle across the nail as it does so. I've received more compliments on this polish than any other I've worn, so that tells you that despite it's pale subtle coloring it gets noticed. It looks great with other soft colors, especially blue.

love,
Liz
a perfect periwinkle with a sugared sparkle, in the exclusive Zoya PixieDust Matte Sparkle formula. - See more at: http://www.zoya.com/content/item/Zoya/Zoya-Nail-Polish-Nyx-ZP660.html#sthash.fVVFUj6H.dpuf

2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I really need to get more from this collection. The only one I have is Carter and that one is super gorgeous. I wasn't sure about this one but your swatches are making me feel like I need it now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *lol* Tell me I'm an enabler and I'll love you forever, Melissa! I've gotten many compliments when wearing Nyx, and I love getting compliments on my nails! (Who doesn't?!) It isn't as showy as Carter, but people seem to be drawn to it somehow. If you like textures, you will enjoy this one!

      Delete