Thursday, July 11, 2013

Pretty Serious My Darlin' Clementine

I've got the last of my Pretty Serious haul polishes to show you in this post, Ella B. It's a stunning shimmering orange called My Darlin' Clementine. Did you learn that song in Scouts? I bet you could learn to play it on your violin, that would be so cool!


clementines (source)

My Darlin' Clementine has a brilliant saturated vermilion translucent base containing a superabundance of golden shimmer. The shades of orange that you see in the clementine photo, all of them and more are present in My Darlin' Clementine's sparkling dimensionality of color. This is a jaw-droppingly gorgeous orange polish with fabulous chromatic depth that is totally femme and fetching on the nail and that anyone could feel wonderful wearing. Looking at it just makes your eyes happy!

The formula is lovely as well, as have been all of the formulas of the Pretty Serious polishes I got, smooth and light and a dream to apply. Dry time is quick.

For this manicure I applied three coats of My Darlin' Clementine over basecoat and finished with a coat of Seche Vite. Unfortunately I fell asleep before the period of vulnerability had passed and awoke to signs of dent gremlin trespass on the index finger nail of my left hand. This polish is so darn pretty though that you don't even notice it. 


Pretty Serious My Darlin' Clementine, artsy bottle shot with necklace of faceted natural carnelian rounds and artisan crafted lampwork glass beads from Lori Robbins :-)


Pretty Serious My Darlin' Clementine, macro shot in the bottle


Pretty Serious My Darlin' Clementine


Pretty Serious My Darlin' Clementine


Pretty Serious My Darlin' Clementine


Pretty Serious My Darlin' Clementine


Pretty Serious My Darlin' Clementine


Pretty Serious My Darlin' Clementine


Pretty Serious My Darlin' Clementine


Pretty Serious My Darlin' Clementine


at the window...


Pretty Serious My Darlin' Clementine


LOVE!


Pretty Serious My Darlin' Clementine


Pretty Serious My Darlin' Clementine


Pretty Serious My Darlin' Clementine


extreme close up whoa!


Pretty Serious My Darlin' Clementine


Pretty Serious My Darlin' Clementine


Pretty Serious My Darlin' Clementine


Pretty Serious My Darlin' Clementine, sharing colors with natural Madagascar carnelian

Exquisite! This orange doesn't have a harsh bone in it's body. The brilliance of color is matched by a certain delicacy and a diaphanous glow, which gives it an airy soft quality on the nail. 

I don't know why it occurs to me, but this polish reminds me of the phrase "cellar door." Supposedly somebody somewhere decided that "cellar door" is phonaesthetically one of the most beautiful phrases in the English language. I can't remember what qualities in particular were cited as reasons for this decision, but whatever they are (and they're there, you know they are, because "cellar door" IS a beautiful phrase), My Darlin' Clementine has the visual equivalent. It's like a wisp of music that you didn't expect to hear and fills your heart with joyfulness to be alive.

How's that for a bunch of gobbledygook? *lol* Contemplate nail polish and oh the places you'll go. Suffice to say that My Darlin' Clementine is absolutely my favorite of the orange polishes I have in my collection, including my orange holos, which you know I love.

You simply must try this one, Eleanor. I know you'd love it and orange is always so fab on you!

love,
Aunt Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment