Monday, January 20, 2014

Nicole by OPI Cinna-man of My Dreams

Cinna-man of My Dreams was released by NOPI as part of their Gumdrops textured polish collection late last spring. NOPI describes it as a warm spiced pink and I agree. It's a medium rosy mauve with sienna undertones containing texture-adding particles and an abundance of very fine microglitter-type sparkly bits in a particularly complementary color mixture -- pink, copper and silver are what I see but others read brown, blue and gold in it as well. The overall effect is beautiful, complex and full of sparkle.

Application was great. The consistency of this polish is fluid and slightly dense but with plenty of flow over the nail. Cinna-man of My Dreams comes with OPI's pro-wide brush, which always catches me by surprise and takes a nail or two to reorient myself. Any swipage cleans up easily with acetone but the sparklies in this polish do tend to scatter across the skin. Coverage is excellent and Cinna-man of My Dreams applies very evenly, making just one coat look great even if complete opacity demands two. I waited a good twenty minutes between coats and had no dragging issues, nor did the polish become lumpy at all with the second coat. Cinna-man of My Dreams dries naturally in good time for a textured polish to a handsome sparkling textured matte finish. 

Photos show two coats of Cinna-man of My Dreams with no topcoat.


NOPI Cinna-man of My Dreams


NOPI Cinna-man of My Dreams


NOPI Cinna-man of My Dreams, macro shot in the bottle


NOPI Cinna-man of My Dreams


NOPI Cinna-man of My Dreams


NOPI Cinna-man of My Dreams


NOPI Cinna-man of My Dreams


NOPI Cinna-man of My Dreams


NOPI Cinna-man of My Dreams


NOPI Cinna-man of My Dreams


NOPI Cinna-man of My Dreams


NOPI Cinna-man of My Dreams


NOPI Cinna-man of My Dreams


NOPI Cinna-man of My Dreams


NOPI Cinna-man of My Dreams


NOPI Cinna-man of My Dreams


NOPI Cinna-man of My Dreams

With Cinna-man of My Dreams, I think NOPI has demonstrated how to take a fairly tame color and craft it up into a minor masterpiece. It's unique among the matte textured polishes that I've had experience in color and with its use of multiple collaborative colors to produce a complex, very dimensional and visually interesting result. I think it would be easy to mix a bunch of variously colored sparkles together, throw it in a texture base and come out with a muddy mix, but Cinna-man of My Dreams is anything but. Well done!

love,
Liz

2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen swatches of this before! It's a very unique color. Warm and toasty. You're getting some length too, wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really a great color for fall, no? I've taken some of the length off now, when they get long my nails start to torque somethin' fierce and I can't keep their shapes looking similar enough so that they look good in photos. That left thumb nail is always the best behaved, so it gets to grow longer than the rest. ;->

      Delete