Saturday, January 18, 2014

Zoya Tanzy

Tanzy was released as part of Zoya's Sunshine collection for summer 2011. The other polishes in this wonderful collection include Apple, Faye, Kimmy, Reva, and Rica, all with sparkling semi-metallic shimmer finishes. According to Zoya, Tanzy is a "light, bright tangerine orange with yellow gold metallic sparkle." It is a sun-kissed citrus hue, a vibrant orange with a tiny touch of pink to it, containing a superabundance of overt golden shimmer that provides a scintillating radiant semi-metallic finish. The overall appearance is of a bold and bright reflective shimmering orange.

Application was fun! This kind of color and finish makes my eyes happy and I find that I am more careful in my application when that's the case. Not that Tanzy needed any special attention, its formula is great. Fluid and light but still easily controlled, it deployed in a smooth self-levelling manner. Coverage is on the sheer side, but this polish goes on so evenly that it looks great even when sheer. 

The consistency is such that it encourages thin coats. Being right-handed, I have more control when applying with that hand and am able to produce thinner, more even coats of polish. My non-dominant left hand lacks thin-coat finesse, so after two coats of Tanzy I had an opacity that wanted another coat on the one hand and an opacity I was pretty satisfied with on the other. So I applied one more coat to both hands and was very happy with the extra coverage and richness of color it provided. Tanzy dries naturally in slightly longer than average time to a smooth shiny finish. I added a layer of fast dry topcoat to ensure drying all of the layers and lessen the potential for dents and gashes.

Clean up is best done as soon as possible as the shimmers in this polish disperse on the skin with the use of acetone and become difficult to sweep off if left to dry.

Photos show three coats of Tanzy with a topcoat of Seche Vite.

Zoya Tanzy

Zoya Tanzy

Zoya Tanzy

Zoya Tanzy

Zoya Tanzy

Zoya Tanzy

Zoya Tanzy

Zoya Tanzy

Zoya Tanzy

Zoya Tanzy

Zoya Tanzy

Zoya Tanzy

Zoya Tanzy

Zoya Tanzy

Zoya Tanzy

Despite the bright vivid color there is a cheerful sweetness to this polish that is not so much "in your face, I'm orange" as it is "I'm orange and I'm here to brighten your day." And that's exactly what this lively playful color does. It's splendor lies in it's ebullience. I mean, it's a sparkly shimmering orange!

xoxo,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment