Monday, March 31, 2014

Zoya America

America was released by Zoya as part of its La-Di-Da collection for summer 2009.  Officially described as a "bright bold medium retro tomato-red creme," this is a beautiful vibrant true red, gorgeous and resplendent in its radiance, with a juicy sexy 50s pin-up vibe. It registers as red even in the lowest of lights and is truly what I think of as a red statement polish. Every polish wardrobe needs a nice bright red creme and I can't imagine a better one than this.

Application was great. This is Zoya's formula at its best: fluid, creamy and dense with superb flow over the nail and excellent self-leveling qualities. Pigmentation is outstanding with completely opaque coverage in one coat if you paint carefully. Needless to say, my shaky hands needed two coats. Cleaning up needs a little more attention than usual as this polish will stain cuticles and leave wisps of red over the skin. America dries naturally in good time to a lovely glossy finish, which is enhanced and protected with a nice topcoat.

Photos show two delicious coats of America over treatment and basecoat with a topcoat of Seche le Vite.
Bright, bold, medium retro tomato-red creme.b


Zoya America


Zoya America


Zoya America


Zoya America


Zoya America


Zoya America


Zoya America


Zoya America


Zoya America

How delicious is that?! Oh my goodness this is such a brilliant, iconic polish, very Marilyn!


(source)

America may be just a little cooler in person than it shows in my photos, but it isn't an overly cool red by any means. It's a true red! This is my second bottle of this polish. I gave the first one to my sister, but I could never get this beauty out of my head and finally tracked down another bottle on ebay. I'm so glad I did!

love,
Liz

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing, nice post!

    Phục vụ cho nhu cầu vận chuyển container bằng đường bộ ngày càng lớn, vận chuyển xăng dầu bằng đường sắt và vận tải, gửi hàng hóa vận chuyển xe máy bắc nam bằng đường sắt cũng đã xây dựng nên những qui trình, dịch vụ vận chuyển hàng hóa bằng các toa xe chuyên dùng chuyên nghiệp và có hệ thống. Đảm bảo mang đến chất lượng tốt nhất cho khách hàng sử dụng dịch vụ.

    ReplyDelete