Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Cadillacquer Beyond the Walls

Today's polish is the last one from my recent Cadillacquer spree. *sad* But it's a beauty!

Beyond the Walls was released by Cadillacquer as part of the Seek the Fire collection earlier this spring. "Beyond The Walls is a light taupe with blue shimmer, blue micro flakies and a subtle holographic effect," says Madeleine. This is a medium true neutral taupe (no purple in this puppy!) with that delicious slightly dusty appearance from the added holo pigments, which give it a subtle luster on the nail. It also carries a sprinkling of complementary bright blue microflakes and shimmers that add visual interest and a bit of ethereal dimensionality. Another beautifully composed shimmer crelly from Cadillacquer!

Application was a pleasure. As with the other Cadillacquer polishes I've tried, Beyond the Walls has a fluid and light consistency with excellent flow over the nail that is easy to apply well. The uniformly consistent high quality, user-friendly formulas from this little brand have impressed me more than I can say. Pigmentation is very good with smooth, even, opaque coverage in two medium coats. Cleanup is a snap. Beyond the Walls dries naturally in good time to a smooth, slightly flat finish that wants a good topcoat to pop the shimmer color and add shine.

Photos show two coats of Beyond the Walls over treatment and basecoat with a topcoat of HK Girl. My apologies for the lack of cleanup on my middle finger, I didn't even notice it until I was most of the way through taking the pics. As for the extraneous glitters huddling along my cuticles and elsewhere, they're leftover from yesterday's Keep Breathing. What can I say, occasionally patience fails in the face of stubborn glitter!


Cadillacquer Beyond the Walls


Cadillacquer Beyond the Walls


Cadillacquer Beyond the Walls


Cadillacquer Beyond the Walls


Cadillacquer Beyond the Walls


Cadillacquer Beyond the Walls


Cadillacquer Beyond the Walls


Cadillacquer Beyond the Walls


Cadillacquer Beyond the Walls


Cadillacquer Beyond the Walls

Beyond the Walls is a lovely work-appropriate neutral that is easy to wear and easy to love. It is graceful, elegant, understated and eminently wearable, all Madeleine's formulary hallmarks. There is an easy, supple, gentle beauty to her style that makes wearing her polishes immensely satisfying. Add to that their completely trouble-free application and she's got me carrying a torch. While it's true that shipping to the US from Switzerland isn't cheap, if you can get past that initial outlay her polishes are so worth it! 

So, which were my favorites? It's hard to pick, but if I had to I'd say Blowfish and 9 Crimes. But I really don't think you can go wrong with Cadillacquer! 

love,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment