Sunday, June 15, 2014

Pahlish Chalcopyrite

Chalcopyrite was released by indie polish maker Pahlish as part of the Winter 2013 collection. Shannon's description on the Pahlish website is "A mix of flakes in silver, red, and gold resulting in a rich copper foil finish." She goes on to say that these foily flakes are larger in size than a typical foil, which results in a flakier finish. All I can say is WOW! This polish really blows my hair back, it's incredible! You guys know how I love flaky foily finishes and this one is out of this world! The flakes are suspended in a clear base and lay smoothly on the nail, giving a highly reflective, multicolored mosaic of foily goodness that just thrills me to the bone. In direct sun, this polish throws more sparks than a welder's torch. Fabulous!

Application was great. The consistency is fluid and a little fluffy with flakes. They softly splay the brush just a bit, but the polish has excellent flow and painting viscosity and is easy to apply. The flakes provide all of the pigmentation and are abundant enough to provide complete opacity in two easy, self-leveling medium coats. Since I have the finger dexterity of a sloth, I had a bit of swipage to clean up and wasn't entirely successful at rounding up all of the flakes that were loosed upon my nail environs, but I was just too busy being captivated by the polish to worry about them. Chalcopyrite dries naturally in good time to a silky smooth, shiny finish.

Photos show two coats of Chalcopyrite over treatment and basecoat with a topcoat of Glisten and Glow HK Girl. There's no way I could take pictures of this flaming flashy beauty without it reflecting the red top I was wearing (not to mention the camera lens), so take that into account as you view the photos.


Pahlish Chalcopyrite


Pahlish Chalcopyrite


Pahlish Chalcopyrite


Pahlish Chalcopyrite


Pahlish Chalcopyrite


Pahlish Chalcopyrite


Pahlish Chalcopyrite


Pahlish Chalcopyrite


Pahlish Chalcopyrite


Pahlish Chalcopyrite


Pahlish Chalcopyrite

How amazing is that, eh? Chalcopyrite one of three similarly constructed metallic foils from the Winter 2013 collection, but the other two, Pyrite and Graphite, are no longer available on the Pahlish website so I expect they are gone forever. Noooooo! I wish I had picked up all three when they came out, but the funds just weren't there so I had to wait. At least I got one, right?

In case you're wondering, as I did, what exactly chalcopyrite is, it's a mix of copper and pyrite and is the most important copper ore.


chalcopyrite (source)

I'd say Shannon nailed it, but good! 

love,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment