Friday, June 13, 2014

Zoya Megan

Megan was released by Zoya as part of the Feel collection for winter 2011. Now Zoya describes this polish as a "taupe gray" and whatever they were drinking when they decided on that descriptor, I don't want any of it! Megan is a whitened lavender with grey undertones, a storm cloud color that is soft and pretty on the nail. The lavender tones are quite apparent, and give this polish a delicate touch.

Application was ok. The consistency is fluid and creamy with just a touch of stiffness to it. It goes on fairly well but the wand seems to hold a lot of extra polish that likes to run down and flood the brush when you're least expecting it. It seemed like I either had too little polish on my brush or suddenly too much, but considering it's pastel nature it had good flow over the nail and didn't drag. Pigmentation was very good. This polish is completely opaque in two coats but I used three because: ridges! It didn't self-level as well as I would like, especially along the sides of the nail, but again it wasn't too bad. Cleaning up is best done once it's dried a bit, otherwise the cleanup brush will drag the polish. Megan dries naturally in good time to a glossy finish.

Photos show three coats of Megan over Seche Rebuild treatment and Butter London Nail Foundation basecoat with a topcoat of Seche Vite. My camera is acting up again, doing strange things to the background.


Zoya Megan


Zoya Megan


Zoya Megan


Zoya Megan


Zoya Megan


Zoya Megan


Zoya Megan


Zoya Megan


Zoya Megan


Zoya Megan


Zoya Megan

Wow, look at all that weird pixelated color stuff going on in the background on these pics, and how it turned the pre-thunderstorm light in my bathroom to an oversaturated strangely bright green. Somehow that happened in the process of uploading my photos to the blog because they don't look like this on my imac. At least the polish turned out true to color. I have swatches of Butter London Bossy Boots that I can't post because the polish color becomes overly saturated and weirdly pixilated when I upload them. I wish I knew how and why this kind of thing happens.

Unexpectedly, I quite like the pearly lavender grey color of Megan. It's just lavender enough to give you a gentle wash of color on your nails. It feels good to be wearing this kind of color on a hot and humid day like today.

love,
Liz


No comments:

Post a Comment