Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Ever After Polish Policeman's Helmet

Policeman's Helmet was just released by Ohio-based indie polish maker Ever After Polish as part of the I've Got the Magic in Me collection earlier this month. The collection was inspired by the new American comedy-drama film I've Got the Magic in Me XXL, and is made up of a series of bawdily-named (ha!) shimmers and holos. I never saw the first Magic Mike film, but I'm curious... are male revues making a comeback? I remember going to see a Chippendales show back in the 80s. It was at least as stimulating to be part of a very rowdy and worked-up female audience as it was to watch the dancers. I'm just sayin'!

This polish is so pretty! Policeman's Helmet is a medium-dark translucent bright azure jelly bearing superabundant irregularly-shaped silver flake shimmers and a sprinkling of holographic pigment particles that light up in tiny sparks of color in the sun. The relatively large reflective silvery flakes gleam in slightly varying tones of blue from within the vibrant sapphire depths as the light hits them, creating a gorgeous dimensionality that is particularly stunning in low and incandescent light, where the polish takes on a seriously stunning watery sparkle.

Policeman's Helmet has a very jelly-ish consistency, paintably fluid but a little sticky, and I added polish thinner out of the gate to reduce the stickiness and get the consistency to a level of fluidity that was most accommodating to my application skills (or lack thereof). Folks with more finesse than I probably won't feel the need for this, though. Pigmentation is very good for a jelly. For shorter nails, two coats will produce satisfactory coverage. I was fearful than the heavy staining on my nails would distort the color, but after the second coat I could tell that I needn't have worried. Even so, I used three coats for this manicure to eliminate any trace of visible nail line and ensure full, rich color. Cleanup was surprisingly easy, with no pigment travel and only a trace of residual staining to skin. Policeman's Helmet dries naturally in very good time to a silky smooth, shiny finish. Topcoat enhances the depth and dimensionality of the look. 

Photos show three coats of Policeman's Helmet over Pretty Serious Rock On treatment and Pretty Serious All Your Base basecoat with a topcoat of Seche Vite. 


Ever After Polish Policeman's Helmet


Ever After Polish Policeman's Helmet


Ever After Polish Policeman's Helmet


Ever After Polish Policeman's Helmet


Ever After Polish Policeman's Helmet


Ever After Polish Policeman's Helmet


Ever After Polish Policeman's Helmet


Ever After Polish Policeman's Helmet


Ever After Polish Policeman's Helmet


Ever After Polish Policeman's Helmet


Ever After Polish Policeman's Helmet


Ever After Polish Policeman's Helmet


Ever After Polish Policeman's Helmet


Ever After Polish Policeman's Helmet


Ever After Polish Policeman's Helmet

Another awesome dark blue polish! Policeman's Helmet has a frisky royal blue vibe that combines with the effects of the copious silver flakes to produce a distinctly showy polish. It's downright dazzling in the sun, but I prefer its look in indirect light where you can clearly see the flakes floating at various depths -- it's a built-in pond manicure!

love,
Liz

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!! This is indeed a pretty one. I super love the color and holo effect. I think this is something worth trying out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it, Patricia! It's a gorgeous look!

      Delete