Saturday, June 27, 2015

Glam Polish Don't Rain on My Parade

Dark blue polishes just seem to roll in here on a regular basis despite how my interior critic beleaguers me whenever I'm looking at a new one: "do you really NEED another dark blue?"  Why, yes. Yes, I do. For example, today's feature, Don't Rain on My Parade released by Australian indie polish maker Glam Polish as part of the Broadway collection in November 2014. Here's another polish that I ordered from Swedish indie etailer Edgy Polish with my birthday discount last month, and look! It's dark blue!

Don't Rain on My Parade has a deep Egyptian blue base that is loaded with superabundant golden glass fleck shimmers and a generous dose of holographic pigment. The glass flecks are the star of this show and totally make the polish. On the nail, they read as bright green through the blue base and give the polish a gorgeous teal-leaning Atlantic blue cast. I love it when unique hues are created by combining differently-colored components, the results are always richer, more dimensional and more interesting than shades created by pigment alone. Don't Rain on My Parade is a perfect example of this, changing up a dark blue into a tempestuous oceanic shade with superb visual texture from the flecky green-gleaming glass flecks and blanketed with prismatic sparkle in the sun from the holographic pigment.

Application was lovely. This polish has a fluid, smooth consistency with an even, self-leveling flow over the nail and a beautifully balanced viscosity for painting. Despite being dense with glass flecks, it's a very user friendly polish, amenable to thin or thicker coats and easily manipulated with Glam's round flexible brush. Pigmentation is excellent, with near opacity in one coat and completely even opaque coverage in two. Cleanup is easy and straightforward with some pigment travel in the sidewalls and a little bit of recalcitrance on the part of the glass flecks. Don't Rain on My Parade dries naturally in very good time to a gorgeous sort of satiny finish. 

Photos show two coats of Don't Rain on My Parade over treatment and basecoat with a topcoat of Seche Vite.


Glam Polish Don't Rain on My Parade


Glam Polish Don't Rain on My Parade


Glam Polish Don't Rain on My Parade


Glam Polish Don't Rain on My Parade


Glam Polish Don't Rain on My Parade


Glam Polish Don't Rain on My Parade


Glam Polish Don't Rain on My Parade


Glam Polish Don't Rain on My Parade


Glam Polish Don't Rain on My Parade


Glam Polish Don't Rain on My Parade


Glam Polish Don't Rain on My Parade


Glam Polish Don't Rain on My Parade


Glam Polish Don't Rain on My Parade


Glam Polish Don't Rain on My Parade


Glam Polish Don't Rain on My Parade

Between the glass flecks in the shade and the prismatic display in the sun, there is plenty of drama in this scintillating stormy sparkler. Just gorgeous!

love,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment