Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Glisten & Glow NYC is my Jam

NYC is my Jam is one of two stand-alone polishes created by Jill of Connecticut-based indie polish maker Glisten & Glow exclusively for release at Polish Con NYC on 29 April this year. Jill describes it as "a berry colored linear holographic polish loaded with purple and blue holo microglitters and a dusting of silver holo microglitters and copper shimmer." 

The purpley-pink berry color is a translucent, medium-toned mix of red-violet, magenta and fuchsia, producing a hue that generally reads as something along the lines of Pantone's fuchsia rose or smitten from the Resene Color List. Beaucoup colorful microglitters and coppery shimmers give the polish a sumptuous, tapestried look, with a gleaming, semi-metallic underlay punctuated by abundant twinkling prismatic sparks. The holographic effects are powerful and athletic, nuancing the base color with shifting hues of violet, telemagenta, mulberry, and misty steel pink in ambient light. It is absolutely dazzling in the sun, where all of the sparkle from those holographic microglitters teams up with a slightly dispersed but brilliant linear prismatic display predominated by arcs of azure and bright red.

Application was most agreeable! The consistency of NYC is my Jam is fluid and surprisingly light for a polish so laden with components, with a medium-to-thin viscosity and an easy, fluent slip over the nail. I recommend medium coats with this one to get the most out of the color. Pigmentation is sheerish, but the components aid in the coverage. Some translucence on the first coat builds to wearable opacity with the second, and a third coat adds a becoming lushness and density to the look that befits the polish's opulent nature. I did most of my cleanup as I went along because those microglitters sure do love to stick. NYC is my Jam dries naturally in very good time to a fairly shiny, textured finish. For a glossy, glitter-under-glass look I used my favorite glitter-smoothing topcoat combo of gel-effect followed by quick-dry.

Photos show three coats of NYC is my Jam over ÜNT Ready for Takeoff peel-off basecoat finished with a layer of Pretty Serious Plump Up the Volume gel-effect topcoat and a layer of Seche Vite.


Glisten & Glow NYC is my Jam


Glisten & Glow NYC is my Jam


Glisten & Glow NYC is my Jam


Glisten & Glow NYC is my Jam


Glisten & Glow NYC is my Jam


Glisten & Glow NYC is my Jam


Glisten & Glow NYC is my Jam


Glisten & Glow NYC is my Jam


Glisten & Glow NYC is my Jam


Glisten & Glow NYC is my Jam


Glisten & Glow NYC is my Jam


Glisten & Glow NYC is my Jam


Glisten & Glow NYC is my Jam

Fantastic, I love it! It's a powerhouse of dynamic light play, too, with boatloads of glamorous sparkle underlaid by that glistening, semi-metallic aspect, which has a certain warm, luxurious quality to it that I'm sure comes from the copper shimmers. While certainly ornate and dressy enough for a special occasion, to my mind this polish makes an absolutely fabulous everyday look if you're not constrained by professional obligations. It's very wearable! 

A beautifully-crafted, artisanal polish that's sure to warm the indie-loving heart of any enthusiast!

xo,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment