Monday, January 8, 2018

Dreamland Lacquer Santa! I Know Him!

Santa I Know Him was released in November 2016 by Missouri-based indie polish maker Dreamland Artisan Nail Lacquer as part of the Holiday collection, a series of six polishes inspired by the 2003 Christmas fantasy comedy film, Elf. Officially described as a "deep red jelly filled with holo flakies," the color is a rich, medium-dark cardinal with aspects of deep rose and brickyard. It's absolutely packed with luminous silvery holographic flakies, which give the finish a speckled look and glow in shades of red and pink through the base in ambient light -- there's even a subtle, traveling flush of brightness as you flex your fingers. The sparkle in the sun is fantastic, a dense blanket of bright reds, pinks, oranges and purples with occasional flashes of blue and green.

Application was excellent. The consistency of Santa I Know Him is fluid, light and slightly fluffy with a medium viscosity and a fluent, easy, self-leveling glide over the nail. Pigmentation is very good, netting even, opaque coverage in two coats. I did my cleanup as I went along and beyond a bit of pigment travel had no issues. Santa I Know Him dries naturally in good time to a mostly smooth, slightly flat finish. Topcoat adds a becoming gloss and accentuates the holographic glow of the flakies.

Photos show two coats of Santa I Know Him over KBShimmer Love You Strong Time treatment and KBShimmer Fillin' Groovy basecoat with a topcoat of Seche Vite.


Dreamland Lacquer Santa! I Know Him!


Dreamland Lacquer Santa! I Know Him!


Dreamland Lacquer Santa! I Know Him!


Dreamland Lacquer Santa! I Know Him!


Dreamland Lacquer Santa! I Know Him!


Dreamland Lacquer Santa! I Know Him!


Dreamland Lacquer Santa! I Know Him!


Dreamland Lacquer Santa! I Know Him!

This is a fun polish! It's not the brightest red you'll ever see but the luminosity of the flakies gives it a nice dimensionality on the nail in ambient light and the look in the sun is out-of-this-world gorgeous -- I love, love, LOVE the red-pink-orange-purple colorway of that sparkle!

xo,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment