Saturday, June 8, 2013

Barielle Myrza's Meadow

Sooner or later the day had to come where the polish I posted about gave me trouble. That day is today and the problem child is Myrza's Meadow by Barielle.  

Myrza's Meadow is an opaque medium-to-pale toned lime green creme with sparse holographic glitter particles. The color has a muted and milky feel to it, kind of like a sage green except with a bit more yellow.

It's very pretty once you have it on the nail, but oh my what a cranky tetchy formula! While the pigment is opaque, it is somehow not abundant enough to flow and easily carry the holographic particles with it. The holographic particles are tiny but chunky, causing all kinds of catching and dragging during application. The sticky constistency made it very difficult to get the sort of glide over the nail that Barielle brushes are usually pretty good at. I found it all but impossible to create the sort of clean edges next to the cuticles that make close up photography of one's nails palatable.

The fussy formula refused to self-level. If a holographic particle stuck causing the bristles to lift, it left a bare patch traveling up the nail. *argh!* The application of Myrza's Meadow had every sign of becoming an epic fail, except that I was curious enough about how to get it on my nails in some sort of acceptable fashion to persist. It took three coats and dried to a pebbly finish because of the holo particles.

Topcoat to the rescue! You know sometimes I just look at my bottle of Seche Vite topcoat and say, Seche Vite I don't know where I'd be without you. And the bottle of Seche Vite says, I don't know either but you sure wouldn't be painting your nails there.

Once Myrza's Meadow was topped with a thick glossy coat of Seche Vite, all the polish layers were dry and I could actually enjoy the color, I did and do! In person the color is actually slightly more muted than the pictures show, pale enough to play well with my medium pale skin tone, and has a nice summery feel to it.

I took almost fifty photos in my efforts to get some that accurately represented what I saw on my nails! Only about half of them turned out well enough for posting and from those I picked what you'll see here. As I said, they aren't exactly what I was hoping for in terms of how the color really looks, but they are close enough and besides they're all I got so there you go and here you are: Myrza's Meadow.


What I used, left to right: NailTek II treatment basecoat, Barielle Myrza's Meadow and Seche Vite (paragon of topcoats)


Barielle Myrza's Meadow on my thumb and in the bottle


Barielle Myrza's Meadow


Barielle Myrza's Meadow


Barielle Myrza's Meadow


Barielle Myrza's Meadow


Barielle Myrza's Meadow


Barielle Myrza's Meadow


at the window...


showing some holographic sparkle -- also some air bubbles, forgot to mention I had bubbling issues on top of everything else...


you can see what the glitter particles look like when they aren't sparkling -- I love this lightly mottled look...


Barielle Myrza's Meadow

Barielle Myrza's Meadow


Barielle Myrza's Meadow


Barielle Myrza's Meadow


Barielle Myrza's Meadow


Barielle Myrza's Meadow


Barielle Myrza's Meadow


Barielle Myrza's Meadow 


close up showing sticking and dragging on edge, bubbling and pebbly finish visible in spite of the mighty Seche Vite


another pebbly surface shot that also shows a dent that I made during the very first coat of Myrza's Meadow by popping an air bubble with the tip of my clean up brush -- in a more forgiving, self-leveling formula that dent would have filled and smoothed out after another coat but here you see that it is still there after two more coats of Myrza's Meadow plus a layer of Seche Vite *sigh*

Barielle Myrza's Meadow

Well! I have to admit that I wouldn't have gone to the trouble of applying such a beast had it been, say, a RED or PINK polish. I'd probably have taken it off and put it away after the first fingernail. But for a green polish, well, I guess I truly am a sucker for greens, eh? I like the color and random rainbow sparkles of Myrza's Meadow a lot, certainly well enough to keep it in my stash and wear it again (now that I'm prepared by experience for the application issues). It's a great color for summer.

The sun is out and the sky is blue finally after all the rain from tropical storm Andrea. But wow, there is standing water all over the place. Mosquito heaven!

How's your weekend going, I wonder? There can't be more than a handful of days left in the school year, right? Will you be going to camp right away? Inquiring minds...

love,
Aunt Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment