Thursday, December 19, 2013

Mannequin Hands: Zoya Farah

Farah was released as part of Zoya's True collection for spring 2012. Zoya describes it as "an opaque light khaki-beige with subtle sandy, greenish undertones." This is a light neutral beige creme with grey, cement-like undertones. Against my skin tone, I don't really see the green undertones Zoya mentioned and I think it makes a nice mannequin hands polish for me. The grey undertones offset the tan in the beige to make it very wearable for cool-toned complexions.

Application was very good. Granted, I'm having a particularly shaky hands day, so I did make a mess and didn't clean up as well as I could have (as you'll notice in the photos). Farah's consistency was fluid and light, and it went on smoothly with very little of the streaking you normally encounter with such a light polish. Pigmentation was also very good. Were it not for my prodigious nail ridges, I could almost have gotten away with one medium coat. Unheard of! Honestly, I wish I'd done a better job with this manicure because I really like this polish.

Farah dries naturally in good time to a glossy finish. Very nice!

Photos show two coats of Farah over Seche Rebuild treatment and Butter London Nail Foundation basecoat with a topcoat of Seche Vite to hasten drying and protect against smudges. Chagrins du jour: very messy nail surrounds, including acetone residue and flaky cuticles, my bad!


Zoya Farah


Zoya Farah


Zoya Farah


Zoya Farah


Zoya Farah


Zoya Farah


Zoya Farah


Zoya Farah


Zoya Farah


Zoya Farah


Zoya Farah


Zoya Farah


Zoya Farah


Zoya Farah


Zoya Farah


Zoya Farah


Zoya Farah


Zoya Farah

Re: shoddy clean up especially on my right hand, this is what happens when you have too much acetone on your clean up brush and go in too soon after applying the polish, ie before it has set. Never do this! The acetone liquefies the polish and causes it to run into your cuticles.

I think I love this color. It's like Zoya invented a camel color that I can actually wear! I think it has a very clean, dainty look and I'd kill for a pair of shoes in this color. This could be my new go-to neutral. Actually, now that I think about it,  it would be one of my ONLY go-to neutrals. I need to find some more polishes in the pale taupe family.

Farah is a great polish for professional settings, and I think it would be a lovely accent for more special occasions as well, when you don't want your polish to compete with what you're wearing. It just has this Jungian "I am appropriate" thing about it. 

Anyway, I like it very much.

love,
Aunt Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment