Monday, March 17, 2014

Pretty Serious VT100

VT100 was released by Australian indie polish maker Pretty Serious as part of its debut IT-themed Hello World collection in 2012. It's a vibrant medium shamrock green jelly swimming with very fine golden flecky microglitters. The beautiful green color stays true to itself in most all lighting situations, with the microglitters throw off scintillating sparks in direct sun.

Application was a pleasure. The consistency of VT100 is light, fluid and slightly loamy and applies like butter in thin to medium coats with Pretty Serious' soft flexible brush. Pigmentation is excellent with near opacity in one coat and completely opacity and full bottle color reached in two. I had absolutely no problems applying this one and only needed a tiny bit of cleanup, which was easily done. VT100 is not a glitter flinger nor is it difficult to remove. It dries naturally in very good time to a smooth shiny finish.

Photos show two coats of VT100 over treatment and basecoat with a topcoat of HK Girl.

Pretty Serious VT100

Pretty Serious VT100

Pretty Serious VT100

Pretty Serious VT100

Pretty Serious VT100

Pretty Serious VT100

Pretty Serious VT100

Pretty Serious VT100

Pretty Serious VT100

Pretty Serious VT100

Pretty Serious VT100

This gorgeous emerald sparkplug is a whole bunch of win in a bottle! And perfect for any St. Patrick's Day festivities! The golden glittery flecks are perfectly supended in the base and give the polish a glowing, lush leafy quality, kind of like how the underside of a leaf glows bright green as the sun shines through it. Such a bright, happy festive polish! 

I like it. I like it very much.

love,
Liz

6 comments:

1. Oooh that's such a pretty forest green! Love your description of it... it really is so lush! :D

~ Yun

ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Yun! This is a heaven sent polish for green lovers, I can't recommend it highly enough. Glad you enjoyed it!

Delete
  2. Wow, this is an amazing green! I love how rich and vibrant it is. I still need to post my green mani for today but I am running behind schedule.

ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Melissa! I'll be on the lookout for that green mani.... ;)

Delete
  3. Gorgeous! This green is irresistible with that gold shimmer. Perfect to rock your socks off for st paddys day!

ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Thithi! I was wondering whether you'd like this one, you usually go for the more unusual greens. I almost didn't swing for this color, I was afraid it would be too kelly for me but there's enough blue in it to keep it fresh and cool. And I can't help but love a polish that applies as beautifully as this does!

Delete