Saturday, March 7, 2015

Superficially Colorful Lacquer Utral Aymokriyä

Utral Aymokriyä was released by Israel-based indie polish maker Superficially Colorful Lacquer as part of the Life on Pandora collection, a series of brights based on the 2009 sci fi film Avatar, in August 2014. Utral Aymokriyä in Na'vi, the language of the indigenous inhabitants of Pandora, means Tree of Voices, a special tree where the Omaticaya (Blue Flute Clan) go to hear the voices of their ancestors. Utral Aymokriyä is the last of the four polishes I purchased from this collection, the others being Tsahik, Atokirina and Omaticaya. Honestly, I'm a little sad that I don't have the others from this wonderful line. I'm tempted to go back and get them....

Described as a red-leaning purple holo, the color of Utral Aymokriyä (pronounced ut-TRAHL azh-MOK-rih-zhah, or thereabouts) is a near perfect match to Munsell purple. It's a wonderful, opulent true purple, a delight to see in the polish world where most of what goes for purple is bluer and more along the lines of violet. The holo effects in this polish are subtle but beautiful, and provide dimensional shading to the base. Under certain lights, there are nuances of rich mulberry and violet, analogous shades that give the polish great depth, and the holo particles light up with bright sparks of blue.

Application was fraught with misadventure, none of it the fault of the polish. My basecoat was still drying when I inadvertently sprayed my entire desktop and monitor with tea while watching this video, and without thinking I ran to the bathroom and grabbed up a handful of tissue to mop up, thus ensuring that the tacky basecoat was completely decorated with fine fibers and bits of tissue flotsam. In my efforts to salvage the basecoat, I just kind of smushed all of the detritus into it and scraped the protruding bits from my tips. A fine mess, that. Luckily, Utral Aymokriyä is a lambkin to apply, with an eminently paintable consistency that is fluid, creamy and light and a silky, self-self-leveling flow over the nail. The self-leveling properties were key to salvaging my disastrous lumpy basecoat, but it still took three coats before I was satisfied. Under less catastrophic circumstances, I'm sure this polish would achieve a completely even opacity in two thin coats or even one medium to thicker coat, because it's very well-pigmented. Cleanup does take a bit of care as the pigment likes to disperse around the nail and across the skin at the touch of acetone, but it doesn't stain. Utral Aymokriyä dries naturally in very good time to a matte finish that wants a glossy topcoat to look its best

Photos show three coats of Utral Aymokriyä over Seche Rebuild treatment and Pretty Serious All Your Base basecoat with a topcoat of Seche Vite. I'd added a good squirt of Seche Restore to my bottle of le Vite, but still got a few bubbles. Ach du, Vite!


Superficially Colorful Utral Aymokriyä


Superficially Colorful Utral Aymokriyä


Superficially Colorful Utral Aymokriyä


Superficially Colorful Utral Aymokriyä


Superficially Colorful Utral Aymokriyä


Superficially Colorful Utral Aymokriyä


Superficially Colorful Utral Aymokriyä


Superficially Colorful Utral Aymokriyä


Superficially Colorful Utral Aymokriyä


Superficially Colorful Utral Aymokriyä


Superficially Colorful Utral Aymokriyä

This color is hot! I love it! I reminds me of purple petunias....


(source)

Full of energy and the power to brighten the dreariest of hanging-on winter days, Utral Aymokriyä is perfect for getting your springtime on. But I wouldn't let any seasonal notions prevent me from wearing this color year round, I can see it as a rich fall color and a jewel-toned bright for winter too, not to mention summer. Every purple-lover needs a bottle of this puppy!

love,
Liz
special tree where the Omaticaya people can hear the voices of their ancestors. - See more at: https://sclacquer.com/shop/life-on-pandora/utral-aymokriya#sthash.tPp5NQHy.dpuf
special tree where the Omaticaya people can hear the voices of their ancestors. - See more at: https://sclacquer.com/shop/life-on-pandora/utral-aymokriya#sthash.tPp5NQHy.dpuf
special tree where the Omaticaya people can hear the voices of their ancestors. - See more at: https://sclacquer.com/shop/life-on-pandora/utral-aymokriya#sthash.tPp5NQHy.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment