Saturday, February 13, 2016

Il Était Un Vernis My Favorite Popsicle

Like Under the Pink, My Favorite Popsicle was released by France-based boutique polish maker Il Était Un Vernis as part of the Sweet Bliss collection in June 2015. Described as a reddish pink holo with pink shimmer, this is a brilliant medium-toned rosy raspberry shade with aspects of French pink, Persian rose and brink pink bearing abundant sparkling magenta microflake shimmers and a modicum of fine holographic pigment. It's a wonderful near-duochromatic melange of vibrant cool and warm hues, any number of which can be seen at any given time, with a gleaming semi-metallic hot pink flash from deep within and a radiant warm prismatic bloom that adds a dimensionalizing glow on the nail. Candy-bright, uber feminine and festive with a gift-wrap-ribbon sheen, it's also full of the rich, soulful sunset colors that I love so much. Pretty awesome, is what!

Application was delicious. I'm absolutely loving these Il Était Un Vernis formulas, they are so eminently paintable! The consistency of My Favorite Popsicle is fluid, light and creamy with a thin-to-medium viscosity and a nearly effortless, buttery glide over the nail. Pigmentation is excellent with opaque coverage in a single coat, but you'll want two for fullest effect of the components. Cleanup is fairly straightforward with some pigment travel and light trace staining. My favorite popsicle dries naturally in very good time to a silky smooth, shiny finish. Topcoat really pops the presence of those pretty microflake shimmers. 

Photos show two coats of My Favorite Popsicle over treatment and basecoat with a topcoat of Seche Vite.


Il Était Un Vernis My Favorite Popsicle


Il Était Un Vernis My Favorite Popsicle


Il Était Un Vernis My Favorite Popsicle


Il Était Un Vernis My Favorite Popsicle


Il Était Un Vernis My Favorite Popsicle


Il Était Un Vernis My Favorite Popsicle


Il Était Un Vernis My Favorite Popsicle


Il Était Un Vernis My Favorite Popsicle


Il Était Un Vernis My Favorite Popsicle


Il Était Un Vernis My Favorite Popsicle


Il Était Un Vernis My Favorite Popsicle

My Favorite Popsicle has got to be one of the most incredibly multi-faceted pinks I've ever come across. You could easily make a case for its wearability at any time of the year, truly a pan-seasonal shade. 

Co-owners and creators Bé and Stéphanie (of the blogs Vernis en Folie and De Tout et de Rien, respectively) seem to be able to coax out the tiniest individuals details of a color with their creations, giving each a unique scope on the nail. Clearly, these women are colorists of the highest order and I've already ordered more of their polishes.

love,
Liz

2 comments:

  1. I am swooning over this polish. It is such a pretty pink. It is like the Goldilocks of pink polishes! Not too light, not too bright, not too subtle, not too loud - just right! I agree - it looks like it could easily and comfortably worn in any season. This brand continues to amaze me with their beautiful polishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy it pleases you, m'dear! I am officially in swoon with Il Était Un Vernis, and I haven't even made it beyond red and pink. So I'll be sharing some of their other colors here shortly. Stay tuned!

      Delete